So, before I signed off WordPress to return to the UK last week, I was pondering the direction my blog was moving in. I wanted to experiment with new themes, and introduce something more than my usual politics or sociological posts .
I asked for some advice on this from my readers, and had some great feedback. THANKS TO EVERYONE who did respond to my quandary 😀
During my week away though I found myself writing quite a lot in a little note book I took with me. I actually felt revived, my mind seemed unshackled and clearer. Being in the UK actually gave me renewed impetus, and I felt new ideas come to me.
Consequently I have tried out these new ideas in a few posts already:
Not So Common Sense Of Common Sense
‘M’ Is For The Many Ways I’d Maim ‘Her’
I have been mulling over life, feelings, thoughts and observations on life – a real mixed bag of themes!
I am hoping to receive SOME feedback on what I have written from my readers (If they still exists)! I am sensing a sort of lull, which makes me feel that somehow I have been out of the blogsphere loop too long 😦
Is a week away too long a time to encourage ANYONE to have a read of my words???? I HOPE NOT!!
PLEASE, I WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR OPINIONS on these posts. Let me have YOUR thoughts 🙂
P.S: THANKS TO ALL OF YOU who take time to read what I write and respond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As always; I APPRECIATE IT!!!
OK folks, just want to give many, many thanks and big appreciation to http://thelissachronicles.wordpress.com for my nomination for the Liebster Award!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This was TOTALLY unexpected!!!!! I am completely happy and shocked that my fellow bloggers feel my writing, and blog, is worth being nominated 🙂
THANKS goes to YOU my readers; thanks for being fabulous, all of you!!!!!!!!
I think I have to answer some questions now, so here goes;
- Why do you blog? – I blog because I love to ‘write’. I have a passion I can’t contain for the topics I cover. I need to blog to tell everyone how these topics make me feel, what I think and also to raise questions regarding these topics too. I have to get the info out there, I have to ‘discuss’ these things and engage with other bloggers and my readers. I love and 100% value the debate generated, readers input, their comments and opinions. Writing is empty without interaction and feedback – so I thank my readers for their support.
- What do you do for fun? – I find fun in anything I do! Fun is enjoying the moment I am in and being content in who I am, and where I am. Fun is also spontaneity; whether an impulsive trip away or a picnic in the park – the unknown is fun for me. Also fun is laughing; being with those I value most and good conversation!
- Who is your favorite person and why? – I have no such thing as a favourite person. There are favourite things within the people I love; if that makes sense?! People who are genuine, people who want the best for me, those who are always there (on my side), people who are kind because they want to be and expect nothing in return, caring people – giving of themselves without reservation, people without egos the size of a house, those who value life and love and happiness, those who aren’t materialistic, those who value individuality and those who encourage me. I could go on and on with this question!!!!!!!
- What is your favorite book and why? – Oh dear me, I confess I’m not so good at choosing favourites! Sorry! I have loved so many excellent books throughout the years, how can I choose?! OK, to be amicable; at this moment my favourite book is what I am currently reading ‘Lady Chatterley’s Lover’. Why – well, Lady C questions her life and people, her place and purpose; and that for me is relevant and resonates. We all have done that at some time.
- What makes you laugh? – The strangest and also the most usual of things actually. A silly word, gestures or action/reaction. Silly antics, misbehaving in the supermarket, hide and seek, misinterpretation of the normal world, Billy Connolly, Super Hans (Peep Show), sharing stories, experiences, a ‘Guess what just happened to me’? moment, and of course bad politics 🙂
- What makes you cry or sad? – Hearing stories of vulnerable people, and also of animals; being hurt or abused. Feeling I have upset someone by being snappy or unthoughtful. Being upset by someone who has attempted to make me feel bad about myself, and attempted to belittle me in front of others.
- What is your favorite television show? – I have 3; Downton Abbey, The Borgias and The Walking Dead.
- What’s your favorite post on your own blog? – Struggling To Make Ends Meet
- What is your favorite season? – Autumn/Winter (if it is cold and maybe snowing – great)!!
- What is your favorite food? – Yoghurt coated raisins (or my white gold – as I call them. I won’t share them either as they are too precious)!
- Where do you write? – My ‘living room’ always seated on my cosy couch and often in my PJ’s!!!!!